Saturday 1 December 2007

Power Cut!

The local power company stopped the power for 8 hours last Sunday in order to carry out maintenance work on the lines. How did our intrepid young writers cope?

On the day that the power cut Inoka and I sat in my airy room thinking what we should do to day. We went outside thinking blankly about what we could do. We sat on the step out side and we saw some kids playing touch so me and Inoka went down the road and had a game. After the game me and nooks went back up to my house to see if the power was back on but it still wasn’t on. So we sat there for a little while and then nooks goes into the kitchen and then heard the fridge turn on. And then he ran into the room and said that the power was on so we had a quick game and then got a ride up to his house. Then they had a fire going and I said to nooks “We should have gone up to your house - it would have been better!”
By EO
_______________________________________________________________

It was at 7:45 in the morning when I started to play ps2 with my new game Smack down vs. raw 2008 then ZAP! The power went off then I started swearing in my bed room. So we decided to go to the beach. We went and got some pipi’s and went for a fish and we caught a big snapper then we went home. I don’t know how to live with out any power that mean’s no computer no ps2 no cooking. When the power came on I cooked my lunch. The next morning was normal.
By SM
________________________________________________________________

On Sunday it was really boring because I usually make me some breakfast and watch TV. But I couldn’t because there was no power.

So me and my sister went into the garage to play darts. But after awhile it got boring so we went back inside.
Later on we went down to the rugby fields because there was meant to be a family day out because of the power cut. There was meant to be a game of touch and a bouncy castle and sausage sizzle. But there wasn’t. They were playing net ball. But I don’t like net ball and there wasn’t a bouncy castle because it had a hole in it. So I went home and then the power came back on. So everything was back to normal.
by WI
________________________________________________________________

During the power cut my two cousins my friend J and I went on the moter bikes for a ride it was exciting. We went for a ride around the beach and up the road later on my uncle was driving around on the truck so he tried to get past us but my cousin J and I were cutting him off on the moter bikes so he couldn’t later that day we all went to see my sister at the bus stop then my cousin T and I were trying to ride my cousin J's moter bike it was a Banshee it was hard and we kept stalling it we started finally after we had finished stalling it we started riding it around after that J wanted to go to the shop so I went with her when we were coming back from the shop we had two big bags of food it was hard holding them because they were almost slipping out of my hands that day was a very exciting day.
By TP
_________________________________________________________________

That is the last entry of this year and the last entry for this blog.
We hope you have enjoyed reading our work. We have enjoyed writing for you.

Mr B and the Language class.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page